This month, parents and guardians will receive their child’s Individual Student Report (ISR). This report contains their child’s results from the Assessments of Reading, Writing and Mathematics, Primary and Junior Divisions, administered in spring 2019. These results did not impact students’ report cards last year.
EQAO results offer an independent snapshot that shows whether students are meeting literacy and math expectations from The Ontario Curriculum. In receiving the ISR, there is an opportunity for parents and guardians to have discussions about their child’s achievement within their family or with a teacher (e.g., parent/guardian-teacher interview).
EQAO data should be considered alongside other information—such as in-class assessment results, report-card grades and teacher observations—so parents and guardians can build a fuller understanding of their child’s learning.
Parents and guardians can learn more about assessment results through EQAO’s website (www.eqao.com) or by clicking the following links:
Our supplier has had difficulty fulfilling our order, along with other schools. The school board has secured a new supplier for our agendas and we were told we could expect them to arrive in the next two to three weeks. Thank you for your patience.
FRIENDLY REMINDERS ABOUT PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF
If you are dropping off or picking up your child at the parking lot at the end of First Street, PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY!! The parking lot is a municipal lot and the bike path goes right through it. The weather has turned nicer and there are more children on bicycles. We know how busy the morning can be and that parents need to get to work, but PLEASE SLOW DOWN to avoid a tragedy occurring.
As well, please remember that vehicles are NOT permitted in the bus loop at the beginning of the day from 7:40 to 8:05am, and again from 2:00-2:40pm. We have had issues with vehicles trying to pass buses in the loop which is prohibited. Feel free to park at the lot between the school and the public library.
THANK YOU FOR KEEPING OUR CHILDREN SAFE!
Newer posts →
Kindergarten registration for September 2019 is around the corner and perhaps this is your first time registering a child for school, or maybe you haven’t done it in a while. We are here to help you along in the process as your child heads into this exciting time! The following are the steps to registering your child for school at Mother Teresa!
- Visit our school board website at www.cdsbeo.on.ca. You will find the link to register your child.
- Once your child has been registered online, you will need to visit our school with the following documentation:
- Your child’s Birth Certificate (if your child was born outside of Canada, we will require the date your child entered Canada and a copy of their Canadian Citizenship card or other relevant documentation)
- Your child’s Roman Catholic Baptismal Certificate (if your child is NOT baptized Catholic, you will need to complete a Non-Catholic Admission Request. A letter will also need to be written to Dr. Hawes, our Superintendent, explaining why you would like your child to attend our Catholic School. Our Principal Mr. Kennedy will meet with you to discuss the request after which your paperwork will then be sent to our school board office for approval).
- A copy of a recent phone bill, hydro bill, purchase agreement, etc., with the PARENT’S NAME AND ADDRESS on it to show that your child lives within our school zone. Out of Boundary admission may be requested but may not be approved. Anyone requesting out of boundary admission will need to write a letter as to why it is being requested, and will need to understand that even if they are approved, their child will not receive school bus transporation.
- If there is a CUSTODY AGREEMENT that pertains to your child, please provide a copy to keep in your child’s file.
- If your child has had any assessments that are pertinent to their education, or if you child has documented health concerns, please provide a copy for your child’s file.
At Mother Teresa, our goal is make registration as straight forward as we possibly can. If you have any questions regarding registration, please do not hesitate to call the school at 613-445-3788 weekdays between 7:45am and 3:00pm.